Sunday, August 7, 2016

Just Checking In



It's been awhile since I last wrote.  I guess that life has gotten pretty busy.  Since then Ashley and I were married, had the honeymoon, and have been working our way back into regular life together.  Regular life is always a bit of a challenge.  I don't know anyone who enjoys waking up at 5 am and then commuting to work an hour, but it's a blessing to have a job that I love and to be able to work for a wife that I adore.

The sealing at the Provo City Center Temple was absolutely wonderful.  My friend Buddy Richards performed the sealing and it was wonderful.  The reception the night before was a beautiful occasion and afterwards my sister Lynley and Ashley's sister Tevi took us up Provo Canyon, up a dirt road most of the way up South Fork where we found this beautiful spot to take pictures.

Ash and I spent a short but wonderful honeymoon in Park City.  On one of the days we decided to drive up the Mirror Lake Highway.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  It was a little different than the regular stuff to do in Park City (less expensive and fewer people), but it was just a beautiful drive and we had a great time!

All in all, things are wonderful.  For a previously single 35 year old man, marriage has its moments where it is an adjustment.  But as Sister Neill F. Marriott said recently, "Love is making space in your life for someone else."  Nothing could be more rewarding than enjoying the space that Ashley has filled in my life.

Brett

1 comment:

  1. So glad you and Ash found each other! You are a great pair and we're so glad to have her in the family. :)

    ReplyDelete